Sunday, September 11, 2005

Cleaning My Fish Tank

I can't quite remember when was the last time I clean my fish tank, would've been a while back. I'm supposed to clean it and do a partial water change every week but who has time to do that!It's about time I clean it today, the algae is flourishing in there and I think the tenants aren't too happy.
So first I turn off the water filter, remove the fishes and put them in a separate container away from the tank..
Next I empty everthing from the tank except the water, this lets me see what I'm doing..
I have to scrub the algae off the glass inside and everywhere else that they may reside..
Then siphon 50 % of the water out using a gravel siphoner like this one where the gravel will be cleaned at the same time.
All the decoration items are scrub clean as well, when all are done they are put back in the tank, fresh water treated with water conditioner is added into the tank, let the water filter run for a while to clear up the water before..
..putting the fishes back into the tank.

I think the fishes are quite happy now!

No comments: