Friday, October 14, 2005

I Love Getting Dirty..

The weather is getting warm now so it's time to haul my ass out and get some gardening done in the backyard. Kmart is having a sale today so I decided to get some annuals and potting mix for my little project. I bought 2 punnets of petunia at $3.19 each and a 30 litre bag of premium potting mix at $3.33 All together I spent $9.71 for the project.I'm going to plant the petunia in this saucer shape pot on a tripod stand, it will make an excellent display in my front yard when the petunia comes full bloom in a few weeks time.
First I put enough potting mix into the pot and added some general fertiliser and a bit of sulphate of potash for more brilliant blooms. Mix well and it's ready for the seedlings.
Each punnet comes with 6 seedlings, just take them out of the punnet, separate the seedlings and plant them straight into the potting mixture.
Be sure to plant them evenly spaced out to maximise compact colourful blooms, this is when it can get pretty dirty but I love getting dirty in the garden working with plants. It's good therapy for stress relief.

Lastly, water the seedlings generously to soak through the mixture and just sit the whole thing in the middle of the front lawn as a centre-piece display. A few weeks later it will be covered with lots of colourful blooms which I'll post it for you to see!

9 comments:

Julie said...

cant wait to see the blossoms! (=

Unknown said...

hm... can eat one ar? :P

Wuching said...

julie-i'll send the pic of the blooms to u!
wong-can eat, if u r a catapillar!

boo_licious said...

oooo, I wonder what colour the blooms will be.

Jeremy C said...

Can't really remember when i last planted a err...plant. But hope yours turn out great :)

JoeC said...

ahhh...a green finger bloke like LRong Lim, who manage to move a local japanese forest in his backyard for planting of herbs. Cheers!

Wuching said...

ash & boo_licious: its a combination of red & white, i'll keep u posted.
jeremy-u should try it one day, it's good therapy!
joe-thanz for ur comment, yes i am a bit of a green fingers ever since i was very young, it helps relieve stress in this fast hectic world we live in :)

5xmom.com said...

Wah, WuChing the gardener. I will look forward to the flowers! 'Cos got no idea what petunia looks like.

Wuching said...

5xmom-i'm looking forward to it too, u'll see soon enuff. :)