Saturday, September 22, 2007

Meet My Furry Girlfriends

Just a few minutes drive out of Healesville is a place called The Big Bouquet.The Big Bouquet is a commercial farm where they grow gerberas for the local as well as overseas markets in a grand scale.
All visitors are welcome and there are guided tours available where they will show you how they grow and harvest the gerberas but that's not what I'm here for today.
I'm here to see my furry friends the alcapas! The owner of this premise also keep these cuddly creatures for their fleece. These are gentle animals and make good pets but no one I know of in Australia has kept one for pet yet.
Alcapas are related to the Llamas and they are natives to the South American Andes. They have a life span of 15 to 20 years so they make good investments for their fleece which is shorn every year before summer.

I noticed they all have very long eye lashes which make them all look like girls so I call them my furry girlfriends!

9 comments:

Beer Brat said...

Tell me how to get there...

Anonymous said...

hah! remind me of emperor cusco. that disney cartoon one.

anyway, ur 'gf' kinda cute. hehehe!

narrowband said...

No wonder they look like llamas.

love that "kiss me" pic, lol.

Wuching said...

beer brat-if u hv a car, its a 45 min drive to Healesville, from there its easy to find the place but i think its better for u to go on a day trip tour that runs regularly that takes u to the yarra valley & surrounding areas..

ylang-they do remind me of emperor cusco & aren't they pretty!

ash-they r curious creatures & will stare back at u too!

narrowband-they're related to the llamas & yes u mau hv one of them ;)

Wingz said...

hi girl~~~ lmao!!!

Wuching said...

wingz-wah such an onour to hv u read my blog wan! who's selling the lojaks when ur here?! KNN stop calling me girl lah, btw what does lmao means huh? i stay maybon 2 long now, my benglish no good oledi!

5xmom.com said...

They should call the allagapas LOL (brand of curry powder)sheema or llaeep because they look like sheep mixed with llama.

Wuching said...

5xmom-good one lilian, maybe u can cook a cuury dish out of it too coz ur such a good cook! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow you have so many gf. ;) :P