Saturday, October 08, 2005

Wagging Work

The other day at work it was so quiet and I was bored out of my mind so I decided to go for a drive down the beach with Terese.Haven't been down here for a while now and found it too quiet on the road especially when this place is usually buzzing with cars and people on the weekends.
The weather wasn't that great, overcast and windy but good for a drive nonetheless. I can see the Spirit of Tasmania in the distance now.
Some wind surfers enjoying the day when there's no one to share the beach with. There's that ship again with the Westgate Bridge behind it.
The building on the pier used to be over 100 years old but it got burnt down a couple of years ago and now they're building another one in the original design for nostalgic sake. It served as a restaurant, I've been there a few time before and I'm looking forward to visit again when they finish fixing it up.
This is the Bo Jango building where in the 70's a notorious gangster here called Chopper Reed shot and killed his "friend" in the face. It was in a stage of disrepair for a number of years but someone's done it up and now I think it's a gym but I'm not sure.
Then I drove past Luna Park amusement park but it's closed like everything here on a weekday. I've only been here once but I didn't enjoy it so I guess that's why I've never been back. They have another one in Sydney and I think that one is much bigger and brighter and better.
We're driving down Acland Street in St.Kilda now, this is the place to hang out if you come down to St. Kilda the seedy part of Melbourne.
On my way back I saw this restaurant called Ping and it reminded me of PPS! Stupid PPS is still down so no pinging for me!
There are lots of nice apartment buildings here and this is one of the more fancy ones, would be nice to live here by the beach but maybe in my next life.

Ah..here's a Starbuck, I need a caffeine hit before I go back to boring work. Ciao!

3 comments:

Phat Culture said...

Melbourne looks cool. Very quaint. :D

Unknown said...

Cool man... By the way, those pictures sound very peace there eh?

Wuching said...

liz-thank u, melb is cool but some ppl find it too quiet but quaint!
wong-it looks too peaceful like quiet becoz it's on a week day, will have lots of ppl on the weekends.