Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My All Time Favourite

Its that time of the year when the leaves have died and dropped and the air is cold and wet. On my way to Federation Square on the weekend for the Italian Festival I noticed how beautiful nature can be even on days like this though I complained about it all the time!


This reminded me of one of my all time favourite songs called California Dreaming by The Mamas and The Papas. They were before my time but I like it anyway, more than some of the songs of today.

California Dreaming
~ The Mamas and The Papas

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day

I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

Stopped into a church
I passed along the way
Oh, I got down on my knees
And I pretend to pray

You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day

If I didnt tell her
I could leave today
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

(California dreamin')
On such a winter's day
(California dreamin')
On such a winter's day

Downloading mp3 is illegal but you can listen to the song here.

10 comments:

Helen said...

I second you. I love the song California Dreamin' too. (sad to say, I heard it in a Cantonese movie and the tune stays...)lol

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Only in Australia! So envy u lar...

Anonymous said...

Neo, it's beautiful in Msia too. You just have to see 'betul betul'. :)

me said...

your pic makes me wish i am having my holiday right now. sigh!

Wuching said...

helen: we both have same taste hor!

neo: not just in australia lah..

che-cheh: yes, i agree wif u..why don't u take some nice nice pic of malaysia!

me: ur having ur holiday in melb?

Admin said...

yes! i can strum the guitar and sing this song. but that was many many winters ago!

Anonymous said...

Hahah....now u really sound old. That's a junkie song...good for getting high on.

Anonymous said...

That song is one of my all-time favourites :)

Okay, since you want to be interviewed, here are your 5 questions:

1. How did you and Terese first met and subsequently fell in love with each other?

2. Why did you choose to move Down Under instead of remaining in Sibu?

3. If you could choose any celebrity in Hollywood to go out with, who would it be and why?

4. Why do you blog?

5. What's the most embarrassing situation you've ever had to experience in your life?

Wuching said...

ah pek: u can sing along wif me?

KNB: not old lah, just junkie like 6th seal!

laksa: thank u very much!

Anonymous said...

I love this song!