Saturday, July 29, 2006

Smells Like Shit!

Welcome back to the Tukang Kebun Show! Today I'm trying out a new fertiliser for my garden and its totally organic which is how I like my fertilisers. I've never like using inorganic fertilisers but that shouldn't deter you from using them, its just a personal choice.

This organic fertiliser I'm trying out is Seamungus from Neutrog, the maker of Sudden Impact for roses. According to the instruction on the Sudden Impact fertiliser which I apply during Spring, Summer and Autumn, Winter is when I should be using Seamungus to replenish the soil while the plants are mainly in the dormancy.

Seamungus is made from organic materials like seaweed, fish, humic acid and manure which then underwent specific composting and pelletised. It comes with a 100gm cup for application of 1 cup per square meter. And when first applied it does have an odour similar to aged shit! But the odour will soon go away after a couple of days.


I got a bit generous and gave 1 cup to each established rose bush which I don't think will do any harm. We'll soon find out how good it is from the blooms come Spring time!

This has been a community broadcast by your friendly Tukang Kebun of the Tukang Kebun Show!

15 comments:

Admin said...

why don't you just shit on it every morning. smells the same wot.

Anonymous said...

haha; smelly compose...

Anonymous said...

Haha, now your kebun smells shit!

King's wife said...

oh, I have used similar shit-smelling fertiliser before. Horrible!

Anonymous said...

argh...i hate fertilisers.

Cynthia said...

hi wuching. I pruned my roses a month ago, and i use mineral fertiliser, less smell also. =)
I cant wait to see my roses growing. yay~!

ah nel said...

if it smell lyk food then people eat it how? lol...

Wuching said...

ah pek: chey! can't use human wastes lah!

naiveidealist: only for a couple of days..

neo: just for a couple of days!

king's wife: but they're the best!

yothemans: fertilisers r good!

cynthia: good on u! make sure u show me ur roses!

ah nel: it doesn't smell like food wei!

Cynthia said...

sure will! =)

Anonymous said...

Haha, keep up with the gardening posts! :D

Anonymous said...

Then when the wind blows, the poor neighbours will get the smell...! They'll probably think this Wuching "lau sai" or what!!! Ha ha ha!

Wuching said...

cynthia: can't wait!

kenjj: tenkiu! will do!

STP: aiyo..not far from the truth! first couple of days the smell so bad everyone stay indoor till the smell dissapeared! but my neighbours say nothing so i keep doing it every year! hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Woow I can smell it from here as well. :P

Anonymous said...

Errr.. I cup for each rose bush? Isn't that more than required? U know, they do say..too much of a good thing kills....hopefully your roses will not suffer from it and withers away because of the high ammonia content and it will flourish and bloom and grow....

Wuching said...

che-cheh: nice smell anot?

QV: dun worry..i cup per bush is ok, i've done it b4, very good!