Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Clone Trooper

I've been bad and bought myself another Star Wars figurine to add to my collection. And it wasn't even on sales! I'm starting to get an itch to gather, gather all these figurines that they keep putting out there in the market! Must control myself, must control..

This time I got the Clone Trooper, yay! I've always like the Clone Troopers and the Storm Troopers, don't know why but maybe they're like little toy soldiers the child in me never got over playing with. Hold on, they are toy soldiers but in a Star Wars kind of way.

As usual they must try to seduce me to buy more by advertising the other figurines at the back of the package but I'm only interested in the Troopers but maybe I'll get General Grevious next time!

This Clone Trooper is the last kind in the linear transformation of the earliest Clone Troopers we see in Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones to the Storm Troopers we see in the original trilogy. You can see that it is starting to look very similar to the Storm Trooper now especially the helmet and the weapon of choice which is a short hand blaster as compared with the longer guns they had before.

The great thing about this figurine is that it is very flexible and you can get it to assume different stance and position you want unlike the Destroyer Droid I got the last time. George Lucas was very clever when he made Revenge Of The Sith with so many different types of Clone Troopers, each for different combat situation so that idiots like me have to go and collect all the different types!

Here's a view from the side rear. Notice that it is much stable than the other Clone Troopers I had from the Clone Wars cartoon. This one can stand quite steadily by itself whereas the ones before were quite flimsy and wouldn't stand properly sometimes.

Here's the frontal view, isn't that cool? I'm such a sucker for Star Wars figurines especially the Troopers! I probably want to collect them all but will do it slowly and in no haste.

So all I need is 1 of each kind coz I can make a whole legion of them with photoshop! One day when I'm in the mood I might even use them to make a short Star Wars story of my own!

16 comments:

Dabido said...

You took it out of the packet ... that's halved it's value! :-)

Anonymous said...

Where can i get one of these?

Jo said...

ahem, you and sengkor can get together sometime, to play.

Hehehehe....

ah nel said...

are you 4 or 40 yrs old? :P

you no collect Gundam kar?1 of my fren house full of it and even build a cupboard with lighting to display it... ;)

J said...

Luckily there is such a thing as Photoshop now or you may be tempted to go buy 200 more of those figurines to start your own mini Storm Trooper army....
:)

Anonymous said...

hmm.. as a qualified shrink, i deduce that your illness is getting worse by the day..

Anonymous said...

Dum Dum Dum dum de dum dum de dum

Heavy Breathing...(akin to KNB snoring)

U Star Wars Freak :P

PabloPabla said...

Phooiyo! Ada gaya o!

Tiffany L said...

argh! buy another one and leave it unopened!

what's with you and troopers? LOL. oh well, i have a thing for darth maul anyway. mine's still unopened in the package.

sengkor said...

dun buy anymore,dun buy anymore. these are illusions *chanting*

me said...

perhaps you'll want to consider star wars wall paper and towel?

Wuching said...

dabido: i know..i just can't help myself!

simon: they're selling them everywhere!

SA: hey! i'm the one giving the order 66!

lil' joy: yes, sengkor is my star wars buddy!

ah nel: i dun collect anything but star wars lah..

j: thank god for photoshop!

ah pek: yes, i'm very very sick! please help!

QV: i bet u any money i can snore louder than KNB!

pablopabla: memang ada gaya!

hedo: boys & their toy soldiers mah! my hands itchy lah..must open wan! u r right, ur darth maul memang worth a lot in future!

Fashionasia said...

...common, show us your fully star-wars themed deco room....
hehe...got star wars stationary set or not?

Wuching said...

me: i'm not that crazy yet!

fashionasia: nolah, i dun have those!

Anonymous said...

WoW what a beauty you got there.

He's one macho clone tropper. Ada gaya!

Wuching said...

che-cheh: dun jeles me hor!