Sunday, September 24, 2006

See The World!

I went to see the world today and it only took me a few minutes. Yes, you read right..I saw the world in a few minutes! Its the cruise ship "The World" just arrived in Melbourne for a couple of days.

Unfortunately the ship nor the pier is open to the general public so we can just look at it from afar! This is a gigantic ship with 11 decks complete with pool and sports decks. Inside is even more spectacular but I'll never get a chance to see it. But you can have a virtual tour here!

This is the closest I could get to see it, from the shoreline. Its a floating city that cruises to the 4 corners of the earth while living a life of luxury onboard. They have everything they need on board so residences just enjoy their sheer quality of life across the surface of the globe.


I tried to compare it to the Spirit of Tasmania but from this angle it looks like its no larger than the Tasmanian ferry which is on the contrary because it is way bigger than that. Unker Ho, try paddling this boat!

17 comments:

Alex Allied said...

Seen that Spirit of Tasmania. But not the World yet!

Robin Wong said...

I believe Unker can !!

Anonymous said...

Brings to mind the Titanic! And Celine Dion....."Every night in my dreams...I see u, I feel u.....and my heart will go on and on.....!"

ah nel said...

owes my dream wana be upthre or working in thre... ;)

Wuching said...

alex allied: maybe u can live in the world one day!

robin: needs 100 unker to paddle that boat!

SA: coz the el-cheapo passengers can die!

STP: wuah! no need to serenade me!

ah nel: u wanna work in the ship as what? gigolo? lots of horny housewives!

seefei said...

yet to try one of these cruise ships. from SA blog, you are really pampered on this giant on the sea.

Anonymous said...

Aiyo...STP in his singing mode...I really think he wants to audition for next year's One in a Million competition now.......

Francis Ho said...

haha! my dream is to live on "The World" and not paddle it lah! ;)

Wuching said...

see fei: of course lah, money talks mah!

QV: STP is 1 in a million!

fh2o: not just a little paddle?

ah nel said...

i wana be POPEYE...

me said...

one day. when i am old......er and have more free time on my hand, i would love to cruise the world on something like this. recently received an e-mail from someone who thought staying on a cruise ship everyday after retirement is way cheaper than enrolling in a retirement home. and far more enjoyable. i think that's a vey good attitude.

PabloPabla said...

Wah! Itu kapal manyak busat!

Anonymous said...

Nice. How does it compare to those owned by Genting? Star cruise i think they are called.

Wuching said...

ah nel: u oredi is popeye!

me: dun wait till ur old, enjoy it now!

pablopabla: manyak busat!

neo: i haven't seen that one..

Dabido said...

WOW! That's ONE BIG SHIP!

Is it the biggest cruise ship in the world?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, Wuching!!! Like that, must treat u extra mud crabs and whatever u wanna eat when u come to Sibu!!! Wah! Clever u tripod, ya!!!

Wuching said...

dabido: i dun think so, not the biggest.

STP: hahaha..angkat kaki..