Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gorillapod

I was thinking of getting a tripod for my camera since forever but never made up my mind on what kind of tripod to get. There are so many different kind of tripods ranging from the very basic to the very expensive!

But yesterday while I was reading the newspaper I saw the tripod I've been waiting for, its the Gorillapod by Joby! This tripod is the best creation ever to come out since the digital cameras.

Affordable to every amateur photographer, this tripod costs only $39.95 and its quite new to the market. I went to one camera shop and the salesman didn't even know what it was!

But I did get one from Camera House in the city and its basically a small tripod but extremely flexible in that it can bend and twist into whatever shape you want but yet very stable to be used on a flat surface as well.

I wanted to demonstrate how it works but because I do not have another camera to demonstrate with, I had to use a mirror to do the trick and set the camera on timer shot.

Because the camera was trying to focus on the mirror instead of its own image, some of the pictures may be a bit blurry but taking pictures using a tripod gives you the most stable focus you can get. See how it can just about stand on any surface like a roll of paper towel in the toilet!

Again you can see that the camera actually focus on the mirror frame instead of its image but this picture just demonstrates how flexible the gorillapod is, even on a bar so why would you need a traditional tripod anymore!

You can also wrap it over the LCD monitor and it will be just as sturdy as you place it on a flat surface. Very good for when you are outdoor but needs to take a group photo but you can always wrap it around the road sign or a small tree!

It can wrap itself around anything and still gives you a secure hold for a perfect shot! You can also get one that is suited for SLR cameras and flash clip in the near future. To know more go to their website here.

When I got home later I just had to try it on the lampstand. This was taken in my bathroom infront of the bathroom mirror. Do yourself a favour and go buy yourself a Gorillapod. You'll be glad you did!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw this quite a while ago, heh quite cool.

It's only good for compact cams tho, it can't support SLR.

Better use a beanbag :)

5xmom.com said...

OMG, Wuching is going to camwhore to the max from now on. In the bathroom, for a start?

PabloPabla said...

Phooiyo! Interesting! Does the owner of the gorillapod need to be hairy?

Anonymous said...

Wow man! Now that's a really...really cool tripod you have there.

Anonymous said...

damn, cool. can camwhore like hell.

Wuching said...

shaolintiger: like i mentioned, they r coming out with stronger version for SLR cameras..can't carry the beanbag everywhere i go!

5xmom: yeah baby! wanna see me in the jucuzzi?

pablopabla: that is optional!

kenjj: u should get 1 too!

j!mmy: hahahaha..yes indeed!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool piece of Gorillapod.

Hey, your cam + goillapod = look like a cool robot hahaha

Fashionasia said...

I've heard great things about this gorillapod before!
am thinking to get myself one too!!
:) but dunno msia got or not leh

Dabido said...

I thought Whales come in pods, but looks like it is Gorillas! :-)

Kewl accessory! :-)

J said...

*lol*
It looks like a mutant camera that has sprouted legs and is making a run for it!

(So cute!)
:)

Cynthia said...

eh uncle wuching...since youdoing the ad for them rite. *ahem*. if they give you a free one.. *ahem*..u give it to me, ok?
I email the company now. =)
Thank you 1st ah!

ah nel said...

i wana get one but im not gorila so cant used it...LOL

Beer Brat said...

Now that is really nifty.

Anonymous said...

Wow, very creative tripod. First time saw it... nice nice. Send me one please, I am sure can't get it here locally in KL.

Robin Wong said...

hey..
I bought a standard sized tripod from perth, and I didnt bring it back to kuching...
regret regret regret regret !!!!

Unknown said...

can it hold SLR camera?

Wuching said...

che-cheh: its my little gorillobot! hahaha

fashionasia: go check out all the camera stores in malaysia!

dabido: whalepod? doesn't sound nice! gorillapod sounds better!

j: yes indeed, my camera turned monster!

cynthia: sure no problem, just drop them my name & they'll send u 1 in the mail! hehe

ah nel: but u r orang utan so can use also! hahahaha

bee brat: yes, get 1 for urself dude!

neo: u haven't look around kl yet, dun say they dun have it yet!

robin: now why did u go & do such a silly thing!

kenny ng: no but they r coming out with a version that will hold SLR camera!

Anonymous said...

kool stuff man.

sengkor said...

run! 1 eyed robot attacking!!

Anonymous said...

wuching, my birthday's on November the 16th. you know what to do. :P

Anonymous said...

Gorilla? I thought it reminds me of the villian in the Spiderman movie!

But hey, it's neat.
Expecting supersharp pics from you now onwards - no excuses! ;)

Jo said...

Wow! That is one cool tripod. It makes a very good Xmas gift too hor? *hint hint*

Jo said...

someone mentioned birthday? Mine's before Xmas. Dec too! *hints some more*

Wuching said...

ah pek: tenkiu! u want one?

sengkor: lucky its not 1 eye snake! hahaha

alexallied: sure! i won't forget to send u a birthday card!

fh2o: thats doc oct from spiderman but gorillapod is much cooler!

lil' joy: sure! gimme ur address so i know where to send it to!

Jo said...

hehehe... wuching... but.... but... I don't use digital camera wor.... I use my phone camera. This tripod will be no use to me if it has to be screwed onto a digicam. Thanks anyway, now I know you lafu me!! HAHAHA!!

Anonymous said...

OK, later I go look look in my favorite camera shop :)

Anonymous said...

haha.. i want this!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad I came across this. Gonna hold back buying a tripod till this new one is out from the market in KL.

Wuching said...

lil' joy: if i give u that tripod then u have to go buy a digital camera!

neo: make sure u let everyone knows where to buy that when u find it!

cely: then go get it!

SA: would u buy it?

hijackqueen: dunno when it'll come out tho..waiting..