Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fog TV

Its Thursday night meaning my TV marathon night so I don't have much time to write a proper post so I'll just post some pictures for you to see.

This is the future of television believe it or not. Its basically a projected moving picture onto a thin wall of fog so viewers can watch the moving picture like they do on a conventional television. My pictures don't bring out the image too good but if you were to check it out yourself at ACMI at Federation Square you will be amazed as I was when I saw it the first time!

The FogScreen creates a thin wall of fog that makes objects appear and move as if in mid-air. You can even walk through them! It's based on a new technology fog-generating device. Using water and ultrasonic waves, it effectively creates a frame-less screen, onto which high quality images are projected. (source)

8 comments:

sengkor said...

what high quality images? i can't see a thing..

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting, something like how R2D2 projected the 3D-image of Princess Leia from one of the scenes.

Anonymous said...

Wah super big TV. Bigger than my 14 inch! But how come can't see a thing on it?

Anonymous said...

Hey Neo I can see wor...can't you?

It's a wonderful idea but I prefer my LCD TV. hahaha (berlagak only)

Anonymous said...

Che-Cheh,
Very blur lar... not clear. Wah, you got your big LCD TV at staff price is it? How many percent of discount? :)

Anonymous said...

Yawn!!! Why would I want to fog up my living room?

seefei said...

fog is bad if you have family members who have prob with the respirotary system.

hei when will you be in lil dot?

Wuching said...

sengkor: hehehe..i did say my pictures not very good!

kenjj: hahaha..i like ur comment!

neo: look closer!

SA: apparently not according to the manufacturer.

QV: tired ah? go to sleep lah!

see fei: january! i'll email u with the detail!