Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hispanic Fiesta

Sunday afternoon was getting hot but there was a hispanic fiesta I wanted to go to in Johnston street. The festival was held all weekend but I've only had a small window of opportunity to check it out so I had to go.

If you like latin music and dance then you should come down here every night coz this is where you can shake your bon bon all night till you drop! You can find clubs and bars playing latin music every night here.

Stupid organisers should be shot! Who's bright idea was it to put the VIP guests on the stage and the performers on the road causing the audience to gathere all around and blocking all the short people at the back!

I managed to find a slightly higher ground to see a little better when these Peruvian dancers were performing. These are the same dancers I saw at the Peruvian Festival not so long ago.

But the best part of it is the Flamengo Dance by these lovely senoritas! Always love latin dances be it Flamengo, Merengue, Salsa or Rumba. Too bad I can't dance! Anyway I didn't stay long because it was too hot and crowded with bad view of the performances. So crowded that I kept smelling people's BO! Couldn't stand it anymore so had to cabut! Got a mass wedding to catch at the Federation Square. Watch the flamengo below..


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Australia is all cold and nice weather like Genting :) Wahaha...

Anonymous said...

The dance look like Indian dance. haha

me said...

how come you've got so many festivals over there? there seems to be one every week. lucky u.

Selba said...

Whoaa... interesting.. but yeah, that's kinda weird to put the VIP guests on the stage and the performers on the road, hehehe

Helen said...

Looks like fun.

You make me wanna migrate. lol

Wuching said...

neo: chey! in ur dream! in summer sometimes can be hotter than malaysia!

che-cheh: nolah..spanish!

me: here ppl like to pway pway every week!

selba: silly isn't it?

helen: come lah! u can be my neighbour & we can have our own wisteria lane! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you were so busy last weekend. Well, I know which was the best, it was this Hispanic Festival, you should have just forget the G20 and skipped the Mass Wedding and took front sit at this festival :P hehehe maybe you could have practised your belly dancing.....ooops..I meant flamenco

Anonymous said...

Australia is really a happening place! Everyday got party.

Wuching said...

QV: aiyo~ too panas lah at the fiesta & the BO from the crowd! *vomit*

maria: almost everyday..hehe