Monday, December 11, 2006

Spring The Trap, Lets Catch Stewpig Wuching!

Looks like readers are losing interest in the story of D so I'll stop writing about him unless I get an overwhelming request for it! So today I'm not going to write about the story of D but instead I'm going to tell you what happened to me last night.

In the Sunday paper I saw a column saying there's a christmas display at this place in Box Hill and its free! Could be interesting, said I as I might be able to take some nice pictures of their display so I decided to go.

When I arrived at the place I saw people carrying a sign saying "Christmas Display" on the street trying to get drivers to turn into their premises to see the free christmas display. I went in and was greeted with friendly smiles and was shown where I could park my car.

I parked my car and got my camera ready, turned around and saw this man standing there patiently waiting for me. He came up to me and greeted me, introduced himself and shook my hand. Gee, what a welcome! I thought to myself, I've never gotten services like this before! He led me to the front main door and said someone else will show me the way from there on.

At the main door another man greeted me most warmly and led me into the door. I must say they did quite a setup with the christmas display but it was too dark inside because the displays need to be in the dark for striking effects so meaning my camera will not be able to take any good pictures. Moreover the man (I forgot his name already) didn't give me a chance to enjoy the displays in peace. He led me through the entire displays, talking to me about how Joseph and Mary had their baby Jesus in the manger, then the 3 wise men and you know the rest. Then I finally realised saya kenak conned laio! This is a church and this is how they recruit new members! I've fallen into a trap!

So not wanting to bolt out of there and trying to be polite and all, I listened to what the man had to say and I also asked a few questions making it sound like I'm interested eventhough I was bored shitless! But luckily the display wasn't long and we soon came to the end. But he's made his sales and the ball is in my court so to speak coz he gave me some pamphlets and badge to take home and told me about their Carols by Candlelight next weekend and that I am most welcome to bring my whole family!

So do you think I should go? Chey! If I wanted to talk Jesus I can always talk to 5Xmom or QV! Don't have to spring a trap like that to lure people into your church trying to recruit new members! Sibeh tulan lah!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HoHoHo Merry Christmas...hehehe
Kesian Darth Wuching! Wuakakaka

Please tell the whole story of D ya.

Anonymous said...

Tell ya whats REALLY for free WuChing....the annual christmas fairy lights display at The Boulevard in Ivanhoe....magnificient! And awesome ! I am sure u would have seen this before. I still find myself marvelling at the trouble some of the house owners take in hanging up those thousands of lights and mobile christmas-sy things. Be ready for the traffic jam though!

EK

Anonymous said...

Ah...

Anonymous said...

KEKEKEKE you got conned!!! hahahaha!!!

Wah!! The religious group there quite good in bringing people to their church eh :P

At least here, the only irritating one's that I come across are those Mormon's from the US who cycles around town in long sleeves and black ties in the heat of the sun that confirms more and more the meaning of VSOP (Very Stupid Orang Putih) hehehehe, one way of avoiding them from trying to preach about their religion is by saying.."Oh!! Sorry, I'm not interested, I'm gay, but I am interested in you" and walk off..usually they just stand there with their mouth open and don't know what to say and I just laugh away at the next corner

Anonymous said...

Go, go, go. Just for the experience. And If they ask, "Who is new today? Please stand up." You better don't. Just pretend to look around too.

Wuching said...

che-cheh: part 4 is out liao!

EK: i went to the boulevard last year..i even blog about it here;http://wuching.blogspot.com/2005/12/christmas-in-melbourne-streets.html

neo: ah what ah? speechless kah?

SA: ok lets talk jesus one day ok?

QV: mormons? here also got! they call themselves elders..little pimply fart can go spread the words hor!

hijackqueen: no fun lah why go?

Anonymous said...

Aiyo, you should have cabut-ed fast fast. LOL.

5xmom.com said...

*runs fast-fast* Don't talk to me about Jesus. I kena conned once too. Some AOG concert. Tiu lor, they got all excited and I was there only because my kids want clowns and free baloons. They asked us to stand up and say 'I love you' to our neighbouring seat strangers. Niamah, I cabut even before the show starts. I was sooooooooo afraid of Christians after that episode. Until Jesus personally summon me. Hehehe. Don't talk to me about Jesus, let Him do the talking Himself.

Wuching said...

titoki: i should've but didn't wanna be rude! hehehehe thats my witness!

5xmom: aiya, talk to me a little bit lah! dun run away fast fast!