Thursday, February 15, 2007

Restoran Bumbu Bali

My brother wanted to take us for a steamboat dinner in Puchong but unfortunately it wasn't open that night so we decided to go to our next choice which was this Balinese restaurant called Restoran Bumbu Bali.

I was told that the owner of this restaurant actually has a Balinese wife so maybe he started this restaurant to keep his wife happy. No that was just me making things up, the keeping the wife happy part.

Don't know why but when we got there they stuck us upstair where there was not a soul and we had the whole floor to ourselves. It must be because of the kids we had with us coz we had my brother's wife and 2 kids with us also mah. Restaurateurs don't like kids coz they disturb other guests.

The restaurant is nicely decorated with a real Balinese theme like all those decors and paintings they had hanging on the wall and the Buddhas sitting all over the place plus other knick knacks.

They even sell Balinese souvenirs like their handicrafts and hand woven baskets but they don't come cheap like RM15 for a pair of sandal? Hate to know how much that chicken is or the handbags, not that I wanted to buy it!

Meet Shin Lin my niece. The last time I saw her was 3 years ago when I came to KL and she was just a newborn. Now she's a princess but she's like Ah Mei who's very wary of me. Don't know me mah! Cute boh?

Their food serving is huge, I can't remember what I ordered but I think it's some kind of beef dish that comes with yellow rice, crackers, some kind of fruit, dipping sauces and lots and lots of chillies and onions!

Terese had the chicken and it comes with the same side dishes like mine. I've never tasted Balinese foods before that day but I think I will have more in the future. Makes you drool oredi onot?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

sai! you ate more than i do..i farking hate you now! hahahahah

Cocka Doodle said...

Yeah, this place serves pretty decent indon food.
There's another place nearby that serves great steam fishhead with ginger.

Sebastiane said...

She's cute and I'm hungry 'cause of the food!

Anonymous said...

That's a nice restaurant... and their food is quite decent.

titoki said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family! :)

Anonymous said...

Gong Xi Fatt Chow!

im hungry see those food :)

Anonymous said...

ya ya I drool liao. :P
She's a cutey pie.

btw, Kong Hei Fatt Choy!

Dabido said...

Gonna Eat Fat Chow! ;-)
Have a good CNY! :-)

I've never had Baliness food before. Do they make Vegetarian food?

5xmom.com said...

I won't be around till after CNY. So, here's my early wishes. Keong Hee Huat Chai to Wuching and Terese. May Wuching fatt fatt fat fat.

Anonymous said...

Please start introducing a "narrowband david" to your niece. How old is she? Can i... ?

Just kidding.

Happy Chinese new year to you man.

Anonymous said...

Brother, a happy new year, qong xi fa chai to u, Terese and all yr loved ones :)

Don't forget to blog huh hahahahah

Anonymous said...

oi..i think 5x mom made a mistake in her comment should it be wuching fat fat fat or should it be wuching fatt fatt fatt hahhaahahahahahahah..kekekekee..i sure going to enjoy my cny this yr...hope yrs will be a nice one in melbourne too

Wuching said...

thank you all for your comments and well wishes! i oso lazy to reply everyone so HAVE A WONDERFUL OINK OINK NEW YEAR!!!

Julee said...

wah dun be so lazy!! The food looks damn good! :D Happy Chinese New Year to you too.. Gong Xi Fa Cai, tong tong changggg! :D

Wuching said...

julee: the foods were good! kong xi fatt choi!

Anonymous said...

i went to this same place with neo