Monday, February 12, 2007

Under The Twin Towers

After the royal lunch with the queen we decided to go to KLCC to check out the twin towers, Malaysia's pride and joy. This is the first time I've ever been there, was in KL 3 years ago but didn't get a chance to go so this time I wasn't going to miss my chance.

Plus, Linpeh also said that I should give him a call when I get there coz he works around there so can get to meet up for coffee or something but niamah...Tan Sri Linpeh said he was busy that day. Never mind, I see how later maybe on Thursday I'll come back again and we can meet up then.

The place is indeed very impressive, I was more awe struck by the architecture than the shops there though coz I've been to so many shopping centres and now they all start to look the same! We did however decided to go check out the sky bridge but unfortunately there was only a limited numbers of tickets issued each day for the public. People queue up from 8.30 am everyday just to get those free tickets to walk the bridge you know!

I wanted to see the twin towers in all their glory so we went outside where this guy tried to sell me a Rolex watch! Don't know why he had to be so secretive like that, quiet quiet pull me aside to show me the watch summore. Choi...Chee Cheong Kai tai pah wor!

I like the park outside KLCC, it has a shallow lake with artistic sculptures of dolphins and whales. I believe there's fountains too but when we were there they were cleaning the pool so nothing exciting happened.

However the children's wadding pool was looking really attractive to me! To me the weather is hot and humid everyday even when it rains at night so cool refreshing water is always a hit with me.

I couldn't resist it anymore, I had to cool myself off in the water even if the water is only ankle deep. Funny thing is when I got into the water everyone disappeared...where's everyone go?

18 comments:

chrizsim said...

The rolex he sell one oliginal le. why u don buy one?

Anonymous said...

it looks so nice to b in the water...makes me wish I was there :) btw what can a tourist do in melbourne ? jus asking coz no money :(

Anonymous said...

Err... You really wanna know where other people went? *wink*

5xmom.com said...

You no bring kids along, you masuk inside the pool, the guard never phreeeet you ah? They are anal with the whistle like very pahpai like that.

Sebastiane said...

Uhm, adults are not supposed to be in the pool. Lucky you!

;D

Julee said...

Wah luckily the guard didnt phreeeeeet you. How much did the fella plan to sell the Rolex?

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to the sky bridge also. :((

J said...

One whiff of your feet and everyone went running.
Hahaha..
(Btw, I thought that is a kids only pool??)
:)

sengkor said...

haha. kids repellent..

Anonymous said...

been KL many times,alws cant get up early to get the free ticket to sky bridge "sigh"

"pool monster" here,so all ppl "siam" you la...hahaha

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I have been to sky bridge, a private tour again some more hehehehe..got a friend who worked in Petronas so he got me and my sis in for a private viewing on the VIP link.....the view of the Malay Kampung under the watchful eye of the twin tower very ironic from up there..

Hey..you asked where everybody go when you went into the wading pool....simple..all the kids ran out for either two reasons.

1. Your smelly feet caused them to cabut quickly or else they pengsan hehehe, or,

2. U look like a paedophile and they didn't want to be molested by you hahahahahahahahaha

Anyway, an advance Happy Valentine to you and your Mrs.

narrowband said...

I wanted to go to the skybridge last weekend, but noone wanted to get up that early for the tickets... :( :(

Anonymous said...

Some day I gonna show you pix taken on the sky bridge! :)

Anonymous said...

*pinching nose* Must be your smelly feet la.

me said...

damn! got to keep my kids away from the klcc shallow pool for the new 6 months!!

Wuching said...

chrizsim: i no wear watch wor..

bengbeng: there's lots of things a tourist can do with very little money like free art gallery, free botanical gardens etc etc..

pelf: not really..

5xmom: where got say its kids only pool? i took my shoes off b4 getting in pool so the guard no phreeet me mah!

kyels: r u sure? how come the guard let me play leh?

julee: the guard kesian me mah..i dunno how much the watch coz i didn't want to buy it..

che-cheh: u should go, take lots of pictures & blog on it!

j: my feet smell very nice wan wor! i dun think its kids only pool lah else the guard would've kicked me out!

sengkor: nolah..i'm very fun with kids wan..

mspretty: u must make an effort to get up early to get tickets next time u go!

QV: u went on the sky bridge? u didn't break the bridge ah? hahahahahahaha *runs*

narrowband: dun worry about the others, u get up early!

neo: i wanna see now!

hijackqueen: my feet dun smell lah..see, u didn't smell something nasty when we sat together at lunch now did u? ;P

me: choi! my feet are clean! my feet dun smell!

Anonymous said...

HHEHEHEHE!! No..luckilly ho..but that's why they now limited the amount of people who can climb...afraid it causes too much stress after i stepped on it :P

Wuching said...

SA: ur welcome!

QV: so its all ur fault!