Friday, April 20, 2007

Me & The Monkey Bike

When I went to work today I saw something which tickled my fancy. It's a little electric scooter! My boss' other son bought this little toy a few years back but it's been sitting at my boss' house for a couple of years before he decided to store it here in the factory.

It's a bit dusty but nevertheless I still couldn't stop admiring the little monkey bike. It's cute don't you think? I wonder if I can take it for a ride on the streets?!

Don't know how much it was bought for but I don't think it would cost too much since it doesn't look as 'real' as some of the monkey bikes I've seen which are more powerful than this little mini scooter.

The dashboard has 2 dials, 1 for battery power indicator and the other is the speedometer. Top speed is 50 km/h wor! No pway pway hor! There's also the direction and headlight indicators.

The seat height is adjustable and the seat is fitted with springs to absorb shock impacts when riding to enable a more comfortable ride.

Even the front wheel has shock absorbers fitted like the real bike! Tyres are also filled with air like the real thing.

To start up the bike you just need to switch it on with the key.

The light from the headlight looks quite bright but I'm not sure if that's enough if you're riding at night, probably not enough to ride on the roads. Then again you shouldn't ride this on the roads anyway!

The left handle controls everything; it has the handbrake which is also the only brake, directional indicator, horn and headlight switch. The right handle controls the accelerator.

The bike is powered by a rechargeable battery at the bottom of the chassis. I don't know how to recharge the battery though coz I couldn't find an outlet for it.

The key also opens the back container for all your little knick knacks.

Cannot tahan anymore! I MUST take it for a ride, watch me riding the monkey bike!




10 comments:

Robin Wong said...

eh how come u cut out the part where u drove right into the drain?

Anonymous said...

Made in China bike, not bad eh... can ride on the freeway or not?

Jo said...

so, does that make you the monkey? Muahahaha! (I'm evil, I know! ;))

Jonzz said...

LOL, jomel, you beat me to that comment.

Seriously, wuching, it's called a 'monkey bike'? Gosh... LOL

Wuching said...

robin: hoi! i didn't fall into the drain wei!

neo: cannot lah..no pahwer!

jomel: i'm the monyet lor! oot! oot! oot!

jonzz: thats what they call it!

clement said...

hahaha

me said...

hehe, i have one of those, though i don't dare to take it down to the roads. haven't learn to control it :-(

Wuching said...

clement: hahahaha

me: so u play with monkey bike also! c'mon! i'll race u!

Simple American said...

That looks quite fun. How fast do you think you could go?

Wuching said...

SA: put it this way, i think i can run faster!