Wednesday, May 23, 2007

When I Was 18 Meme

Aduh...I got tagged by Paris Hilton and this time I have to reveal my age pulak! OKlah so what you know my age, I have to list the greatest songs of the year I turned 18 and it was 1983 so now you can work out my age liao and we will keep it at that and not speak of it anymore OK? On with the tag...I'm just going to list the top 5 songs of 1983 starting with number 5;

5th greatest song of 1983: Wanna Be Starting Something - Michael Jackson
Actually I wasn't really into this song when it came out that year. It is from his best selling album Thriller which has the best songs Michael Jackson had ever written like the 4th greatest song of 1983 next!

4th greatest song of 1983: Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
This song I think everyone in the world would know how to sing to it oredi! I think I still know the lyric to it. It wasn't just great in 1983 but a few years after as well. The song is about this girl who got pregnant but said Michael's the father and in the song he kept denying he's the father of the child or something lidat. Tell you a secret, round about the same time a friend of mine also got some girl pregnant so I sang this song to him and changed Billie Jean to the girl's name! You say I evil onot? kekekekekekeke

3rd greatest song of 1983: Flashdance (What A Feeling) - Irene Cara
What a song it was that year, was on the chart for ages, the movie was a great success as well putting leg warmers in the top 'must have' of fashion accessories!

2nd greatest song of 1983: Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Dunno why but I didn't really like this song either though it was very popular. I never liked it, sorry so let's go to the number 1 song of 1983!

The greatest song of 1983: It's Raining Man - The Weather Girls
Back in 1983 when the song came out maybe it never did well in Malaysia coz I don't recall hearing this song anywhere at all! But nowadays the song is still very popular especially amongst the gay community. It's a defacto gay song even though it was sang by 2 fat ladies, the Weather Girls for all the women of the world! Take it away ladies!

It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet!
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!
It's Raining Men! Every Specimen!
Tall, blonde, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean

God bless Mother Nature, she's a single woman too
She took off to heaven and she did what she had to do
She taught every angel to rearrange the sky
So that each and every woman could find her perfect guy
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!
It's Raining Men! Ame---------nnnn!

Here's the rules of the tag;
1. Go to www.popculturemadness.com
2. Select the year you turned 18
3. Get all nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Write about it
5. Pass this tag onto 5 others

OK! I tag 5xmom! BengBeng! Che-cheh! Dabido! & Neo! Enjoy!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adoi! MJ was black then! :O lol...and Its Raining Men is a gay song now? I'm still thinking YMCA was de facto gay anthem.

Anonymous said...

i will do it..thanks.but aiyo i no music man lah.... :)

JamyTan said...

What is meme ?
Wow, memories with all the old songs :)-

Anonymous said...

Done to excess! :-)

5xmom.com said...

Haiyor, this one I start wan lah! Hahaha. But more or less we same era lah hor?

Wuching said...

paris: yes, its raining men can be heard in every gay bar in town!

bengbeng: i'm sure u won't have any problem.

kayatan: this post is a meme, its like a chain mail that gets circulated around & everyone write something similar.

dabido: u the man!

5xmom: yakah? then you're excused then but i'll tag u summore next time!

me said...

uncle wuching....why you listen to same songs like me keh? make me feel so old lahhhhhh...

Anonymous said...

Oppps must reveal the year we're 18? I tipu ok kah? Dont want to reveal my age :((

Wuching said...

me: coz we have same taste mah...if circumstances have it we could even be soul mates! kekekekeke

che-cheh: if u dun feel comfortable revealing ur age then dun, its all up to u!

Simple American said...

No way you're that old. I was still in the army then. Huh?

Darn youthful Chinese genes always tricking me.

Wuching said...

SA: hehehehe...i have the elixir of life!