Thursday, July 19, 2007

Red Red Wine

Last Saturday was my friend's birthday. What do you get someone who has everything? I called him up and asked him what he wanted for his birthday to which he replied...

...a bottle of Penfolds Bin 389 year 2004. The bastard's got good taste in wines. Me, I'm clueless coz I don't drink alcohol so off I went to get his wine and then I remember him playing a trick on me on my birthday last year so I think I should return the favor.

So I roped in Terese to help me make a card for him, a box to put the wine bottle in coz they don't come with anything, just the bottle and then I had a cheap white wine that I can't even remember where I got it from but it will play a part in my little trick. We put the Penfolds wine in the box wrapped up all nicely but hid it from him and gave him...

...the white wine wrapped in paper with a Penfolds card on it making him think it was the real one except when he opened the wrapping he was disappointed to find the cheap white wine instead. Well that was the plan but nothing in life ever go according to plan so I just gave him the box with the real Penfolds in it. In the end he got 2 bottles of wine and we had a nice dinner on him at TGI Friday!

The End...what a boring story but I felt compelled to write something tonight!

7 comments:

Dabido said...

'What do you get someone who has everything?'

A BIG box to put it all in ... :-)

Wine trick was a good/funny idea! :-) I like it.

Cocka Doodle said...

Should have given him a bottle of Clorox instead. LOL

Simple American said...

I did not find it boring a bit. Interesting to see how folks think. :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting...not boring la

Serenity said...

in the first pic, is that wine bottle on top of a cistern?

Wuching said...

dabido: it would have to be a big big box!

cocka: not before he put me in his will first!

SA: we all think the same la...even if we look different!

che-cheh: i'm surprised u like it too!

serenity: hehehehehe...u got me! its the brightest room in the house!

Anonymous said...

it is funny lol