Monday, August 06, 2007

My Customer Feedback to Netgear

Today I received an email from Netgear asking me to do a survey for them coz they wanna know if I'm happy with their product and services. As you may recall I had trouble setting up the modem/router when I bought it a week ago.

That's all fine but what happened when I called their support line was what got to me. Because it was on the weekend, the Australian support center was closed so they routed my call to India and the stewpig guy couldn't help me with my problem in setting up the router so in the end he just refered me to a 2nd level technician who was going to call me back ASAP. As predicted they didn't call that day but instead of waiting for them to call I rang up my own ISP and got help from them to set up the router in 5 minutes!

Netgear may or may not have called me back during the week coz I was at work but they've already lost my confidence in their support and when they asked me to do a survey I jumped at the chance, I just had to give them a piece of my mind and to tell them what bad service they provided for me. Let's see what they say to that!

3 comments:

Serenity said...

welcome to the world of out-sourcing. haha! u know that they even teach the call centers in India to speak with an American twang so that ppl here can understand them?! the router shud be pretty easy to install. yeah, u give Netgear hell in the survey!

Wuching said...

they try to fool aussies too by talking with aussie accent & pretending to know about aussie sports & the like!

Simple American said...

I laugh when I call India and talk to Bob, Susie, or Jim. Yeah right. I bet that is the name on their birth certificate.

I hope your PC keys did not melt when you responded.