Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Solution to a problem

I've blogged about my suspicion of possums eating my roses before. Since then I've pruned away most of the rose bushes but with the warm weather approaching they are starting to shoot new growths.

The problem is with new young tender shoots comes the return of these obnoxious creatures, they've been nibbling on my young tender succulent shoots!


So to find a solution to this problem I've started spraying the young shoots with Poss Off a deterent that works by giving the shoots a strong odour and hot taste of chilli which hopefully the possums will find unappetizing and leave my plants alone. I'm still trying out this product so don't know if it's effective or not. I've also installed sensor light in the back so if anyone of them comes in the night the light will come on hopefully scaring them away. Fingers crossed and pray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuiohhh light sensor some more. Very canggih la your garden.

Helen said...

Any natural remedy?

Hang the chili there can or not? :-)

Simple American said...

Hope it works for you. With my luck the possums would tap on my window and request salt and pepper.

Wuching said...

che-cheh: nolah, pretend only lah

helen: i'm not sure if any of my remedies work at all but better to try them all

SA: hahahahaha..ur a funny man!