Thursday, December 27, 2007

The most beautiful gumtree I've ever seen

I saw the most beautiful gumtree I've ever seen before. It was just starting to bloom and there were bees buzzing around the flowers collecting nectar and when I got closer to take photos two Rosella birds flew away from the tree.
I used to think gumtrees and native Australian plants are boring but I'm beginning to think different now. Australian native plants have some unique flowers found no where in the world.

Look at the brilliant red colour of the flowers. If you look carefully you might just see the bees buzzing about. I would plant this in my garden but they'll grow to big trees which is not a good idea for my little garden.

4 comments:

Ms One Boobie said...

Nice..! what brilliant colors.. :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty. So this is gumtree.

Wuching said...

mamabok: aren't they nice hor?

che-cheh: well its a type of gumtree, there are many species

Unknown said...

For what I can see, gumtree is a kind of eucaliptus?