Saturday, January 05, 2008

I never take any chances with these blood suckers!

Today I went to the city to get something I've been meaning to get before the new year. Though its a normal weekday there wasn't many cars and parking was a breeze.

I was at Queen Victoria Market and there were heaps of parking spaces on the street where normally you would never find any. Though I wasn't going to be long I didn't forget to feed the meter just in case...

I'm glad I fed the meter because when I got back from my car two parking inspectors were issuing a parking fine to the car behind mine. One of them even asked me which was mine and I pointed out to him and he replied "You're alright". Of course I'm alright coz I paid up! I never take any chances with these blood suckers!

8 comments:

mistyeiz said...

ya, it's the trend these days i heard! every half hour sure got there ppl come out to saman! siao wan leh...anyway, hope it's not too late to wish u a happy new year! may 2008 be more productive n your new year resolution[s] come true. :D *xoxoxo*

Anonymous said...

Good for you..!! unfortunately .. PB is not so law abiding... muahahah!!

Ianfluenza said...

Hey that pic's not taken in Victoria Market...

Serenity said...

that's why there's an old saying: "penny wise, pound foolish!" hee..hee! we always make sure we put in enough quarters into the meter too. it's better to be safe than sorry. what's a few dollars compared to a $$$ fine, right?!

Choonie, the Guru said...

If Malaysia has this good system, I am sure we will have better traffic.

Wuching said...

its never too late to wish me happy new year, thank you..happy new year to you also

mama bok: I too sked lah

ianfluenza: no its not & it wasn't taken by me either..I needed a pic so I just grab one from Google!

serenity: yes very true, I cannot afford their fines..send me broke!

choonie: Malaysia even better system, can get discount fine summore!

Choonie, the Guru said...

Ya hor... Everyone will start waiting until Merdeka Day for the 50% or 30% discount on saman.

allthingspurple said...

in Malaysia we had it bad. one time i leave my car to go get a parking ticket. came back and saw a ticket on my windshield.i refused to pay and got it off when my fine was called up for summons.