Sunday, February 24, 2008

Building Boba Fett's Slave 1 Step 1: The Cockpit

I've started building my Fine Molds Boba Fett's Slave 1. This kit is similar to Jango Fett's Slave 1 but with some modification to the cockpit and other areas especially the paint job later.

I'm unlike some of the expert modelers who can build kits with one eye closed. I need to study the instruction that comes with it with great detail before starting and it doesn't help when the instruction is in Japanese!

But the pictures pretty much show me what I need to do and I've just completed Step 1 which is part of the cockpit. The instruction requires I paint the parts in field gray and flat black. Didn't know that field gray looks a lot like dark green to me.

Here's the completed parts in Step 1. Sorry you can't see the details very well because of the dark colors and my camera doesn't take macro shots too well but trust me when I say they look good. Next step is painting Boba Fett to be seated inside the cockpit. That's coming up.

No comments: