Saturday, March 08, 2008

Building Boba Fett's Slave 1 Step 5 & 6: Building the side wings.

Welcome back to another stage of my Slave 1 project. Today I'll show you Steps 5 and 6 in building the left and right wings of the ship.

These 2 steps are quite easy, the diagrams pretty much showed what's needed to be done; gluing the parts together except for the arm bits so it's adjustable.

The instruction calls for a mixture of Tamiya colors XF-2 and XF-20 but since I don't have an air brush I used Tamiya AS-16 spray can instead. I also painted the end bits with a mixture of Tamiya XF-49 and XF-64 to get that brownish color.

The little bit of orange on the tips of the wings is supposed to be the same yellowish color as the decals but it didn't turn out the way it should and I'm not going to change it now. Blame it on the instruction, it calls for Tamiya X-6 orange yellow but obviously it doesn't match.

Next step is a big job; building the main body. It involves spraying 2 layers of different shade of green and lots of masking involved. Show you when it's done.

No comments: